Benefits of Antigua & Barbuda Citizenship Program:
- Dual Nationality: No obligation to relinquish current nationality
- The ability to include the spouse and children under the age of 30 in the main application.
- The ability to include the father, mother of both the applicant and/or spouse.
- The ability to pass one’s citizenship to future generations by descent as it is a first-class citizenship.
- No language requirements for residence or citizenship.
- No requirement to reside in Antigua & Barbuda, however, the holder of the nationality is required to visit the island for at least five days during the first five years after obtaining citizenship.
- Access to more than 139 countries with Antigua & Barbuda passport without the need to apply for a visa, including Europe’s Schengen area, the United Kingdom, Singapore and Hong Kong.
- Lowest tax rates and free trade environment.
- Ability to study in one of the most powerful universities in the world.
- Beneficial tax regime- you will not be liable to any income tax, capital gains or inheritance tax.
- Ownership of the 37th ranked passport in the world.
1. Government non-refundable Donation to National Development Fund (NDF)
The non-profit National Development Fund finances government projects, public-private partnerships and other charitable investments in Antigua and Barbuda. Applicants must contribute a set amount of dependents they have.
|Family of up to four members
|Family of five members or more
2. Real Estate
Qualifying real estate projects must be approved by the Cabinet upon receiving a recommendation from the Antigua and Barbuda Investment Authority (ABIA). Applicants must buy a property of USD 200,000 and commit to holding the real estate for at least five years and can invest individually or with a partner.
3. Business Investment
The direct purchase of an eligible business for a minimum amount of USD 1.5 million as an individual. Alternatively, a joint purchase where each person contributes at least USD 400,000 totaling a minimum of USD 5,000,000.
4. UWIF Option
A contribution to the University of the West Indies Fund
(UWIF). This option is only available to families composed of 6 or more persons and covers the costs of 1 year of tuition at the University of the West Indies for 1 family member only.
|Family of 6 persons
||USD 150,000 (including Government Processing Fess for a family of 6)
|Additional family members
||USD 15,000 each
The following Government Processing fees apply to the NDF option, pre-approved real estate option, and business option.
|Family of upto 4 persons
|Additional family members
||USD 15,000 each
Required Documents for Application :
- Birth certificate of all applicants
- Marriage Certificate
- A bank financial statement with proof of a legal source of income
- Medical examination (health certificate that it is free of diseases)
- CV and recommendation letters
- Sign contract and make the necessary down payment.
- Prepare the necessary forms and documents required from the investor, with the support of our office and legal teams, who will review, translate and check the entire file before sending it to the island’s lawyer. (Estimated Time 30-45 days)
- Sending the documents to the Island where the lawyer will check the papers for the last time before submitting the application to The Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship-by-Investment Unit (CIU).
- The CIU examines the application thoroughly and, if deemed necessary, may request the applicant to attend an interview.
- Once the application is approved, passports can be collected in Antigua and Barbuda or the applicant may visit an embassy of the office of any high commission or consulate of Antigua and Barbuda.
The timeframe for the completion of the process is approximately 3 to 4 months from submission of the application to issuance of the passport, assuming there are no areas of concern with the application.
The following basic fees apply to all investment options and shall be quoted at the time of application:
- Due Diligence Fees
- Bank Charges
- Bank Administrative Fees
- Passport Fees
- Professional Fees
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the details contained herein are correct and up-to-date, it does not constitute legal, tax or other professional advice. We do not accept any responsibility, legal or otherwise, for any errors or omissions. We also suggest that independent legal, tax, professional advice be obtained by the user of this information before proceeding with the application.