Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority, a 100% government-owned free zone, was established following Law No. 16 of 2005 by the Government of Dubai with the mission to facilitate and promote modern technology based industries and to support the regions demand for business expansion.
DSO’s urban master-planned community spans 7.2 million square meters and has been carefully divided into 5 main pillars based on industrial, commercial, education, living, Residences and public facilities.
DSO is designed as a high-tech ecosystem which offers businesses a plethora of advantages including a state-of-the-art infrastructure, in-house business services and strong business support such as technology investment incentive for large enterprises, entrepreneurial support, incubation centre and venture capital funding.
- Location: Dubai Silicon Oasis, Dubai, (U.A.E.)
- Permitted activity: Mobile Technology, Internet, Data Centre, Arabization and Localization Technologies, Software, Software-As-A-Services and Semiconductor
- License available: Trading/Service and Industrial license
- Type of entity: Free Zone Entity, Free Zone Company& Branch office
- Shareholder: Can be Individual or Corporate entity
- Director: Individuals only
- Share capital: Minimum share capital of AED 100,000/- & AED Nil/- for branch office
- Ownership, Taxation & Repatriation Advantage.
- 100% foreign ownership.
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits.
- No personal income tax.
- No corporate tax.
- No currency restriction
- Renewal: License of the company has to be renewed on annual basis. Penalty would be charged by the authority if license is renewed after expiry date.
Global Business Services (GBS) has helped many individuals and corporate entities to set up their businesses in Dubai Silicon Oasis Free Zone. Global Business Services (GBS) provides you consultancy and helps you with company incorporation services at Dubai Silicon Oasis Free Zone.