Benefits of Dominica Citizenship Program :
- Full residence status , with the right to live and work in Dominica if you choose to
- The ability to hold multiple citizenships
- Joining a global community that transcends Domica’s land borders
- Global mobility, including visa-free travel to over 120 territories from Singapore and Hong Kong to the European Union and the United Kingdom
- The programme recognises dependent children up to 30 years old, and depended parents from 55 years old
- Inclusion of siblings of the main applicant or of the spouse aged 18-25
- Minimal taxation- no wealth, gift, inheritance, foreign income or capital gains tax, and no personal income tax for residents
- Dominica is a signatory of double taxation treaties with the USA and the CARICOM
- No restriction on repatriation of profits and imported capital
- There is no requirement to visit Dominica in order to qualify for citizenship
- One of the most affordable legal programmes available to the global community
Investment Criteria’s :
The applicant may choose from the below mentioned criteria:
1. The Economic Diversification Fund (EDF)
EDF is a Dominican Government program supporting socio-economic initiatives with the aim of driving national development. All money generated for the EDF fund goes towards improving projects in the public and private sectors which are in need of financial support. These include building schools, renovating hospitals, and the creation of a national sports stadium, as well as variety of other undertakings across numerous industries such as tourism, information technology and agriculture.
Applicants can acquire economic citizenship to Dominica by making a financial contribution to its EDF.
|Sibling aged 18-25
|Additional dependents other than sibling and spouse aged 18-25
||USD 25,000 (each)
2. Real Estate
Tourism is a fuel for the country’s economy. In a move to increase tourism-related development, the Citizenship by Investment programme allows for real estate purchase in approved developments. To qualify, the investor (or investors) must enter into a contract to purchase real estate worth US$ 200,000 or more. Real estate holding period would be 3 years.
Additionally, the following Government Fees apply:
|Main applicant and up to three dependants other than a dependant sibling
|Dependant sibling aged 18-25
|Dependant sibling aged under 18
Required Documents for Application :
- Birth certificate of all applicants
- Colour copies of all passports held
- Marriage Certificate
- Clear criminal records
- A bank financial statement with proof of a legal source of income
- Medical examination (health certificate that it is free of diseases)
- CV and recommendation letters
- Sign contract and make the necessary down payment with the approved agent
- Prepare the necessary forms and documents required from the investor, with the support of our office and legal teams. Investors need to attend medical examination and obtain certain supporting documents.
- Due diligence background check in order to verify the information that have been provided and make a recommendation of the application to the Government.
- The CBIU examines the application thoroughly and, if deemed necessary, may request the applicant to attend an interview.
- Once the application is approved, CBIU will issue a letter instructing for the payment contribution and thereafter issue the certificate of registration, which stands as evidence of your citizenship and can be used to apply for your Dominican passport.
The timeframe for the completion of the process is approximately 3 to 4 months from submission of the application to issuance of the passport, assuming there are no areas of concern with the application.
The following basic fees apply to both investment options and shall be quoted at the time of application:
- Due Diligence Fees
- Processing Fee
- Bank Due Diligence Fees
- Naturalisation Certificate Fees
- Passport Fees Fees
- Passport Fees
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the details contained herein are correct and up-to-date, it does not constitute legal, tax or other professional advice. We do not accept any responsibility, legal or otherwise, for any errors or omissions. We also suggest that independent legal, tax, professional advice be obtained by the user of this information before proceeding with the application.