DWC free zone also known as Dubai south free zone is an emerging 145 sq. km free zone. It is also known as the emirate star city project. DWC free zone or Dubai world central free zone focuses on the vision of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.
DWC free zone or Dubai world central free zone is designed to maintain a population of a 1 million. As a financial platform, it’s plan is to support every possible kind of business; as well as industry and create 499,999 jobs. It is also a home to the world’s largest airport; the Al Maktoum International Airport – and is the host for the upcoming landmark events such as World Expo 2020 and the Dubai Air show.
Advantages of DWC Freezone:
- 100% foreign ownership,
- 100% repatriation of capital & profits,
- 100% exemption from personal income tax, corporate tax, service tax, import and export tax,
- Total exemption from all import and export duties,
- Quality freehold, commercial and residential property for sale or lease at competitive rates,
- No currency restriction,
- Direct access to Al Maktoum International Airport, strategic location on Sheikh Zayed Road, connecting Abu Dhabi as well as Dubai and also close proximity to Dubai Logistics Corridor,
- Flexible office solutions,
- No visa deposit required
Characteristics of DWC FZ Company Setup:
- Activities Permitted – Manufacturing, Trading, Service, Logistic, Aviation & Education,
- License Provided – Industrial, Commercial trading, General trading, Aviation, Logistics & Service license ,
- Type of Companies – DWC LLC (Limited Liabilities Company) and Branch office,
- Share Capital – AED 300,000/-
Types of License allow in DWC FZ:
The categories of license available within the DWC Free Zone are:
Commercial Licence– This type of a license allows you to carry out specified commercial services; that is trading, general trading and logistics services.
Service Licence– This type of a license allows you to carry out services specified in the Licence; within the Dubai South Free Zone and elsewhere in the UAE.
Industrial Licence–This type of a license allows you to carry out specified light manufacturing activities.
Education Licence– allows the holder to carry out educational as well as social services, educational aid training and educational consultancy services
Basic documents required for DWC FZ:
- Color Passport and Visa page/ UAE entry stamp of shareholder/director/manager,
- Color Emirates id copy of shareholder/director/manager,
- CV/Profile of shareholder/director/manager,
- Utility bill of shareholder/director/manager,
- NOC from existing sponsor for shareholder/director/manager
Estimated Cost & Estimated Time:
DWC FZ company setup begins from AED 31,180/- subject to availability and fulfillment of DWC FZ requirements.
Estimated Time to complete the set up is around 2 to 3 weeks after submission of application documents to the authority.
How can GBS help?
Global Business Services (GBS) is a professional organization that offers advisory, commercial, accounting, company formation & administration services in tax efficient jurisdictions around the world. The team at GBS has since inception, developed an excellent understanding of corporate requirements. We are known in the market to provide a higher standard of company setup guidance – without higher costs. We provide a free consultation that will help answer every question you may have about setting up a company in the UAE.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the details contained herein are correct and up-to-date, it does not constitute legal, tax or other professional advice. We do not accept any responsibility, legal or otherwise, for any errors or omissions.